This tutorial has been updated for Hog4. The complete Quick Start Guides are also available in PDF form below.
Hog QuickStart: Modifying Cues
Editing Existing Cues in Playback:
If the Cue is currently live in playback: Using UPDATE 1. Make the necessary edits in the Programmer 2. Press UPDATE 3. In the Auto-Update pop-up window, ensure that the Cue you wish to update is selected. 4. Press OK or ENTER Note: If your edits could override a Palette used in the Cue, you will also have the option to Update the Palette.
Works if the cue is in playback or not. 1. CHOOSE the Master containing the Cue you are editing 2. Make the necessary edits in the Programmer 3. Press RECORD followed by the number of the Cue you are modifying 4. From the pop-up, select MERGE or REPLACE depending on your needs. Note: If the Cue is not on the Chosen Master, then amend your syntax after RECORD with the List and Cue number you are modifying Example: RECORD LIST 1 CUE 2, then choose MERGE or REPLACE
Works if the cue is in playback or not 1. CHOOSE the Master containing the Cue you are editing 2. Make the necessary edits in the Programmer 3. Press MERGE followed by the number of the Cue you are modifying, followed by ENTER Note: If the Cue is on not on the Chosen Master, then amend your syntax after MERGE with the List and Cue number you are modifying Example: MERGE LIST 1 CUE 2 ENTER Note on RECORD and MERGE: If you do not want your edits to track forward into subsequent cues, you can deselect the FORWARD button on the Record toolbar (bottom of the right monitor) after pressing RECORD or MERGE.
Opening Cues into their own Editor Window:
1. Key in the LIST #, CUE # of the Cue you wish to edit (Example: LIST 2 CUE 1) 2. Press OPEN 3. Make the necessary changes in the Editor window 4. Press UPDATE Notes: If the Cue is on the currently Chosen Master, you can bypass the LIST # by default, the Preference for opened cues is to load in BLIND. You can deselect the BLIND key or change this default in the Preferences window if you wish to override this.
1. Open the Cuelist window by pressing CHOOSE CHOOSE on the Master containing your List. Or – Touch the CUELIST View (top of the left monitor) – Hold OPEN and press the CHOOSE key on the Master containing your List. 2. In the Cuelist window, select VIEW CUE 3. In the VIEW CUE window, press the EDIT button 4. Make the necessary changes and then press UPDATE
- Pan and Tilt Inverts: DMX vs Encoder
- Group Masters- Tips and Shortcuts
- Organizing Effects
- Why the Effects in My Cues Are Selective
- MA2 Surfaces